1. Resting: I probably pushed it too hard yesterday, even though I didn't do much, just got the kids to school, hit the grocery store with my mom, unpacked, went through mail, etc. Very tired today, it's weird how I can feel so weak on such short notice. It's like someone turns up the gravity all of a sudden. I look for the nearest horizontal surface.
2. Neighbors: they already have a schedule of when they will bring meals over. How lucky am I? Sheboygan....
3. Prayer: so many people told me they were praying for my wellness and recovery. It definitely made a difference, I felt so...reassured. I'm still not certain how all that works, whether people's prayers are routed through and boosted by a bearded man in a robe up on a cloud, or if my just knowing about them made me feel better. All I know is that it made me feel stronger to know people were thinking of me in that way. So they worked, regardless of how or why. Probably not supposed to know. I'll just let that be and remain grateful. Thank you.
4. It's not over: I have to go to Houston every three months for a couple of years, maybe, then less frequently after that, to ensure the beast remains banished. Sneaky disease.
5. Prekky: kids got me a super cool St. Helens Saints rugby jersey for my birthday, the team Steve "Prekky" Prescott played for in the UK. He was diagnosed with PMP 4 years ago and given 3 months to live. He is still in great shape, fundraising in the UK to fight cancer. Awesome dude.
6. This blog: it probably won't be updated as frequently as in the past couple months, but I've really enjoyed writing it, and I've loved reading all the comments. Now the recovery period will probably be boring. It's a different type of stress, I dont like sitting around or napping. Feels wasteful. But I know I need to do it so I can become active again. We'll see about the blog. I may move on to another strange writing project. I do have some unresolved thoughts I am working through about some of my fellow patients and what they have gone through; I may try to write those out of my system here in the next few days. Thank you so much for indulging me. According to the stat counter, this blog has had about 4,500 different (unique) visitors since November 2009, and about 1,500 of those visitors came back more than once. Pretty cool.
Dan (my dog missed me, this is her pinning me down under my blanket so I can't get away again--she follows me everywhere now)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Michigan Ave,Sheboygan,United States